Pagina's

19 mei 2015

Collective Etsy Makeup Haul: Indie Galore!

The month of april has been the month of Etsy for me. I discovered this awesome site during that month and oh boy, my wallet surely has noticed.

A lot of indie brands have an Etsy store apart from their own webshop, so Etsy is a great place to start if you're getting into indie makeup (like me)! The only downside is that shipping to the Netherlands is a pain in the buttocks. It differs from store to store, but the best case scenario is a $6 shipping fee. Mostly, it's around $9, which sucks potatoes. But hey, I'm happy to pay the price for natural and less harmful makeup!





Now let's get cracking, shall we? First stop: Pumpkin&Poppy!


I think that this is quite a cult product in the indie world: the Oak Bark contouring powder by Pumpkin&Poppy. It's supposed to be the perfect contouring powder for fair to medium skintones. I couldn't resist the temptation and I went ahead and tried it. I have to say, so far I'm really pleased. It's really cool-toned (even more than NYX Taupe) but not really muddy looking and mimics a shadow nicely.

With that I purchased the Inner Glow powder in Aphrodite. This is supposed to be a dupe for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light, which is the main reason why I purchased it. I would love to try the Hourglass powder, but I just can't justify buying a $45 powder (plus shipping). I figured this would be a great alternative!



Next up: Addictive Cosmetics.

The awesome thing about Etsy is that a lot of stay at home moms (or other people) with a lot of time on their hands can kill time by selling some homemade cosmetics. Same goes for Amber from Addictive Cosmetics. She is a mom who makes A LOT of eyeshadow shades, lipstick, eyeliner, glitter, etcetera for a reasonable prize in her spare time. What drew me most to her shop is that she makes a navy blue lipstick (for which I made an appreciation post earlier) that I've been searching for FOREVER.

Also, she makes dupes for the shades in the Lime Crime Venus Palette (!!!) that have stolen my heart ever since it came out. But ain't nobody wants to buy from Lime Crime anymore after the scandal(s), so here you go, finally a nice solution!
I purchased 6 samples from the Lime Crime dupes and the dark navy lipstick, called 'Postmortem'. I got a blush sample for free.


Last but not least: Brija Cosmetics.

Brija was founded by Brianna Jane. She sells eyeshadows, blushes, lipsticks and highlighters, and they all have a name after either series (Downton Abbey, Dexter), movies (Harry Potter, Mean Girls) or phenomenons in general (her new 90's collection).

She also sells samples, which is perfect for me, as the commitment of buying a full size right away scares me (I should probably never get a tattoo). I purchased 2 sample highlighters (ESPN and You Know Who - love the names!) and 3 eyeshadows (Kit, War Efforts and Allure). She even added 2 samples for free, woohoo!


Another thing I love about Etsy is how personal it is. You can ask questions or sometimes get a customized order. I got a hand written note with all of these, and as you can see, most often free samples too!

And of course, reviews of all of these will follow soon!


Have you heard of these brands?