Pagina's

26 sep. 2015

Catrice - The Dark Knight.

Yay! The nail swatches are back! I have not been painting my nails in the longest time. I have no explanation whatsoever. I only have to go to class 3 times per week, so I have plenty of time. But I'm trying to get back on the painting track, let's hope if it actually will work.

On to the polish. The Dark Knight is a deep, deep purple with pinkish/purple shimmer. This one is a pretty one for sure. This is at least in my top 10 of favourite polishes. A go-to when I'm not sure what to wear. It doesn't fully translate to the picture, but just like OPI Black Cherry Chutney, it has the most beautiful glow to it, almost like infrared. 

The quality of this polish is surprisingly good. Although the staying power is medium (3-4 days I'd say), the brush is fantastic! It is a rounded brush. I barely had to clean up to get it to look more perfect. Opaque with 2 coats (or 3 thin ones).

The bad thing about Catrice polishes is the bottle. Since they updated (*cough* and downgraded *cough*) their packaging, the bottles are horrible. The plastic is flimsy - I heard people saying it cracked on them, yikes! - and for some reason, it is really hard to twist it all the way down. It is not because of dried up polish residue in the cap, because there wasn't much. 

Also horrible: it is discontinued. Why Catrice, why? Why continue your only polish I've ever fallen hard for? ('This is why we can't have nice things!') So, sorry to cheer you up with a dead sparrow, as the Dutch saying goes. Good thing I have a backup!

Catrice The Dark Knight swatch


Catrice The Dark Knight swatch
I swear I didn't add those 'shiny' thingies, my camera did that. Why, thank you camera, for making it look all Disney 'n stuff!
Catrice The Dark Knight swatch

(Please excuse the dust bits on the bottle, it was impossible to get it off completely.)

What drugstore polish is your favourite?