Pagina's

10 sep. 2015

HURRAW! Lip Balm. Hurray!

Does anyone else notice that when I mention in my blogpost that I will be going back on the blogging track, I end up not posting for a week? How does that happen? From now on, I will just not say that anymore because that is just bad luck.

Back to the lip balm, however. Hurraw! is a brand that you can hear everyone and their mother about (at least on the 'natural' makeup blogs). Everyone seems to swear by it. I'm not too big on ordering lip balm online (which makes zero sense whatsoever because if you either buy it online or in store, you're probably not able to test it beforehand anyways) so I was too lazy to go out and get this - even though online shopping is about the laziest you can get, but that's another story. But ever since a store opened in Amsterdam that sells Hurraw!, I was out of excuses. I got this in the Vanilla Bean scent.
(Longest intro ever, medal and cookies for me).



Ingredients: Vanilla planifolia (vanilla) bean infused Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil,Euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, Vanilla planifolia (vanilla) bean, organic flavors, Tocopherols (sunflower) 
I started hearing good things about this since I became aware of the mineral oils that are found in most lip balms. This one and Burt's Bees were the first ones that came up as an alternative. I chose the path of Burt's Bees and have not looked back, up until now.

The thing about this lipbalm is that the ingredients are really good (see above). Did you know that they use organic, raw vanilla beans from Madagascar for this lip balm? No mineral oil either, so you also don't get that super waxy feeling that I personally can not stand.

The tube is rather funky and more oval than round, but I like it as you're covering your lips even faster (saves you about 0,034 seconds, but hey time is money).

More about the formula - it definitely lives up to the cult status. As said, it is not waxy at all. Just a light layer of moisturising goodness. It is completely transparant (although I heard that other scents might have some tint). It works really well! It absorbs rather quickly and leaves no residu but leaves your lips feel incredibly soft. 

The other great thing about this is that they come in 101 different scents (well, 22, but that's practically the same). As I said, I have the Vanilla Bean kind and it smells so good. It smells like... the vanilla flavouring Starbucks puts in their coffees. Or like a straight up vanilla coffee. I can't stahp smelling it! Gah! I keep curling my lips up to my nose to smell it - please tell me I'm not the only one. Too bad it has no flavour. I'd be all over it if it had. Oh well, maybe that's a good thing because otherwise I would never eat anything else in my life (can you imagine that diet tho?).


So yes, this one is definitely worth all the hype. It works like a charm and the smell is just mind boggling good. Is it better than most of the things I've tried? Yes. Is it better than Burt's Bees? Not too sure, it's a close call. Can other lip balms do the same? Maybe. I have not tried enough lip balms in my life to be the judge of that. But if you're looking for a fabulous natural lipbalm with the best smells ever that works like it should? This is your man!

I have bought this at Cosmetics & Care in Amsterdam for €5.20, which is a fair price. It is also available on their website, where they are only $3,75, but beware of shipping.

Have you heard/tried Hurraw!?