Pagina's

11 apr. 2016

Face of 9/4/16: Not Just Cool...

... but Hypercool.

I finally got around to try some Fyrinnae products! I have been lusting over their products since last year March but never got around to try it. Now I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Hot. Damn. This was exactly my reaction when I swatched everything. (Oh my gosh. Wiggles.) Review and swatches are coming up, but I couldn't wait to share this FOTD with y'all!

Remember that I said in my last FOTD that I was planning on doing these more often? Since that post was a good 8 months ago, it is safe to say that it didn't go as planned. I really want to start doing these more regurlarly and I hope that the summertime allows me to have more time to shoot them during the day. I think it will be a good challenge for me to be more creative and shop my stash.

I usually don't go for bold eyeshadows. Dark lips is where it's at. But resistance was futile with this gorgeous eyeshadow. I got inspired by Zoffe's Blog (she does amazing bold eyeshadow looks) and got my hand dirty with this amazing emerald blue.

I still need some practise in the eyeshadow department, but I was pretty happy with how this turned out. I actually redid the look because at first I used Makeup Geek's Envy in the crease - big, BIG mistake. It didn't blend at all and looked so muddy! I will stick to using it as a lid shade, thank you very much. Brija's War Effort, however worked surprisingly well. It blended like a dream.

Please excuse the funky colours of the pictures, I tried to balance it the best I could!

FOTD Face of the day Fyrinnae Hypercool eyeshadow blue

FOTD Face of the day Fyrinnae Hypercool eyeshadow blue indie

FOTD Face of the day Fyrinnae Hypercool eyeshadow blue indie
Blond lashes... *sigh*

Products used:

FACE
p2 Perfect Base in the green version (name rubbed off)
Makeup Geek Contour Powders (review coming up soon!)

EYES
Nars Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Primer
Alverde Warm Vanilla eyeshadow (to help blending)
Makeup Geek Envy (to blend War Effort and Hypercool together)
Fyrinnae Hypercool (lid)
Catrice Glamour Doll Curl & Volume mascara (as, you know, mascara)
Catrice Starlight Espresso & NYX Control Freak brow gel (eyebrows)

LIPS
Milani Matte Naked & Matte Beauty (again, review coming up soon!)

What do you guys say, less or more FOTD's?!
(The Dutchies will understand that awful reference.)