Pagina's

6 mei 2016

Dupes In My Collection #2 (Makeup Geek, Brija Cosmetics, Fyrinnae)

Part two in my dupe series!

The more I start thinking about dupes, the more I find. Turns out, I have quite some products in my collection that are either similar to Makeup Geek products or just straight on dupes. Brija Cosmetics and Fyrinnae play a big part in this one as well. Off we go!

Makeup Geek Pretentious Fyrinnae Fire Opal Swatch


Makeup Geek Pretentious - Fyrinnae Fire Opal Swatch Dupe
Makeup Geek Pretentious - Fyrinnae Fire Opal

Makeup Geek Pretentious - Fyrinnae Fire Opal
Similarty: 70%
Overall: I honestly thought these would be closer. They both have some sort of an antique-gold vibe, but apparently, Pretentious is less golden and more red than Fire Opal. Plus, the shine is less intense.

Go with: both?
Why: Pretentious is like the work-safe version of Fire Opal. Personally, I prefer Fire Opal because it's my baby and the colour is so bold and pretty, as opposed to Pretentious which is more subdued. Also, Pretentious is pressed where Fire Opal is loose, so that might matter for some folks. When it comes it price, Fire Opal is cheaper ($2,75 and $6).

Brija Cosmetics The Abbey Makeup Geek Preppy Swatch

Brija Cosmetics The Abbey - Makeup Geek Preppy Dupe Swatch
Brija Cosmetics The Abbey - Makeup Geek Preppy

Brija The Abbey - Makeup Geek Preppy

Similarity: 100%.
Overall: These are DUPES, alright! No doubt about it. Both are a beautiful brown with a kakhi green undertone. I love this shade, it looks like a true neutral brown on me, funny enough. I blame my olive undertone. Both are matte and very easy to work with. (My Brija eyeshadow is a sample that I depotted, it come in a baggie, see bellow).

Go with: Both.
Why: the only difference is the price and consistency, really. If you like to pay a few more pennies for a pressed version, go with Makeup Geek. If you don't mind loose eyeshadow, go with Brija. Brija has cheaper options as well. Both will work out for you!

Brija Always the Tone of Surprise Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear Swatch

Brija Always the Tone of Surprise - Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear Dupe Swatch
Brija Always the Tone of Surprise - Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear

Brija Always the Tone of Surprise  - Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear

Similarity: 95%
Overall: These are not complete dupes, but very, very close. Both are a warm brown with a red undertone, but Always the Tone of Surprise has a mahogany, almost burgundy hint to it on place where it's more packed on. Both have great formulas.

Go with: again, both.
Why: Personally, I really like the burgundy hint that A.T.T.O.S. has, but I think the pressed version is easier to use and travel with. So both will fill your need for a pretty warm brown, but it just depends what kind of version you prefer. But Brija has smaller sizes that are cheaper, so that one wins on the wallet-aspect.

Gerard Cosmetics 1995 Milani Matte Beauty Swatch Dupe

Gerard Cosmetics 1995 Milani Matte Beauty Swatch Dupe
Gerard Cosmetics 1995 - Milani Matte Beauty

Gerard Cosmetics 1995 - Milani Matte Beauty

Similarty: 90%
Overall: I'm very pleased to have found a dupe for 1995. While the shade is gorgeous, I am incredibly disappointed in the product itself. It smells chemically, it feel chemically and dry, the packaging feel super cheap and it's way overpriced for what it is. It would be a good $4 lipstick, but definitely not worth a penny more. Plus, the business practices of the owner are awful and makes me regret giving that company my money - rant over. Matte Beauty, however, is basically the same shade. Both are a pinkish brown shade, but 1995 leans slightly more pink. I find the colour very flattering!

Go with: Milani Matte Beauty, no doubt.
Why: See above. I don't support Gerard Cosmetics in any way and I hate that Youtubers are raving about them because it doesn't deserve it at all. Milani's lipstick formula is so nice, it smells like vanilla and the packaging is even better and less flimsy! Also, Milani is only $6 where 1995 is - sigh - $19. 

Brija Two Fyrinnae Rapunzel Had Extentions Swatch Dupe

Brija Two Fyrinnae Rapunzel Had Extentions Swatch Dupe
Brija Two Fyrinnae - Rapunzel Had Extentions

Brija Two - Fyrinnae Rapunzel Has Extentions

Similarity: 40%
Overall: I expected these to be closer. Brija Two is a rose with a slight gold sheen, where RHE is a gold sheen with a very sheer pink base. They are quite the opposite actually, hehe.

Go with: whichever you prefer.
Why: These are not similar enough to tell you which one is better. Both are great in quality, but one has more sheen and the other has a pinker base. I just wanted to show this comparison so other people would know how both shades are in comparison.

That was part two of the series! No worries, I keep finding more dupes, so I got at least two more parts to go. Which dupe do you prefer?