Pagina's

25 mei 2016

Dupes In My Collection #3 (Urban Decay, Too Faced, Indie) + Tiny Update

Hello...

It's me...

(How many MIA bloggers have used that joke by now? Welp, so much for originality.)

Guys, guys, I'm sorry. These weeks are crazy for me, I barely have time to sleep. Well that's kind of a lie, because I have had some time to watch series (I'm watching Degrassi in Youtube like no tomorrow, no shame), but blogging has not been happening lately. And it will not change in some time, because next Saturday I'll be in New York for two weeks (!!!). Exciting stuff! But blogging won't be my priority until then. I'll try to set some things up so I won't be missed too much, but since exams and papers and all that fun stuff happened I'm not sure when. To be continued.

Part 3 in my dupe series! I thought this was the last bit, but nope. I find more every day, so you betcha there's going to be a part 4.

On to the dupes!


Urban Decay Frisk My Pretty Zombie Pasty Ass Dupe


Urban Decay Frisk My Pretty Zombie Pasty Ass Dupe

Urban Decay Frisk - My Pretty Zombie Pasty Ass

Similarity: 90%
Overall: Frisk is one of my most-used shades in the palette. I have actually hit pan on it this week, yikes! Pasty Ass is very similar in terms of shade. It is more brown and less purple though, and it has a *hint* of a sheen. It still applies matte and it isn't satin by any means, but it's still there.

Go with:  Either is a good choice.
Why: If you have the palette, you don't need Pasty Ass. That being said, if you would like a soft taupe shade like Frisk, I wouldn't buy the entire palette. Both shades work well, although Frisk is a bit softer (but that could also just be the fillers that are in that palette that aren't in Pasty Ass. Your call.)

Urban Decay Stark - Brija Alone in the World Dupe

Urban Decay Stark - Brija Alone in the World Dupe

Urban Decay Skimp - Brija Alone in the World

Similarity: 70%
Overall: I'm slowly but surely duping this palette! But not so much on this one. For some reason the swatches turned out super orange, but they are more neutral in real life. Brija is warmer and lighter, but they are close.

Go with:  Both.
Why: Same as above, both will do the job just fine. But if you don't want to buy the entire palette, Brija is your man!

Catrice Fairy Dust highlighter - Hello Waffle Awoke at Dawn dupe

Catrice Fairy Dust highlighter - Hello Waffle Awoke at Dawn dupe

Catrice Fairy Dust - Hello Waffle Awoke At Dawn

Similarity: 90%
Overall: Oh how tears fell when this highlighter was discontinued. It's one of the prettiest highlighters the drugstore ever had. Very subtle, but pretty. It's a gorgeous pinkish shade with a golden sheen. Awoke at Dawn is a very good replacement. It is slightly less golden and has more copper in there, but barely different. It's my go-to and I fall in love with it all over again every time I bust it out.

Go with:  Hello Waffle.
Why: Most obvious reason; the Catrice one is discontinued. However, if you get the chance to get your hands on it, I'd still recommend Hello Waffle. The shine is more intense and it looks more complex because of the copper. Plus, the formula is dreamy.

Milani Matte Beauty - Nicolet Beauty Arcadia Lipstick Dupe

Milani Matte Beauty - Nicolet Beauty Arcadia Lipstick Dupe

Milani Matte Love - Nicolet Beauty Arcadia

Similarity: 100%
Overall: My mouth dropped when I swatched these together. These. Are. Dead. On. Both gorgeous reddish berry matte lipsticks. Super flattering. The difference on these is nonexistent; they are identical. The formula is different though: the Nicolet one is drier whereas the Milani one just glides on your lips - but it doesn't last as long.

Go with:  Milani.
Why: Arcadia is - once again - discontinued! And Milani is easier to come by for most.

MUA Bronzed Perfection - Makeup Geek Love Triangle - Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Dupe

MUA Bronzed Perfection - Makeup Geek Love Triangle - Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Dupe

MUA Bronzed Perfection - Makeup Geek Love Triangle - Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

Similarity: 100%.
Overall: I did not expect to find these dead one dupes. So surprised. These are all fairly warm medium-toned bronzers.

Go with:  Honestly, it depends on what brand you prefer.
Why: These are so similar, I think it depends on whatever brand you prefer/is easier to access/is more affordable. I don't really like the MUA one because of the ingredients, but formula wise, they all work very well.


Those were all the dupes for now!

I hope you are still here when I get back from the Big Apple. I got some new awesome indie stuff to review so look at for that!

Which dupe do you prefer? Do you like this series? How's your week going? Tell meh!