Pagina's

6 jul. 2016

Kiko - 244 + I'm So, So Sorry

Good lord, have I been an A+ beautyblogger or what?!

I've been silent for what, 1,5 months now? I'm deeply, deeply ashamed. To my very core. The worst part is... I don't really have a good explanation. Fine, I've been away to 'Murca (New York! Haul will be reviewed soon!) for 2 weeks in June, but I came back about 3 weeks ago, so that's no excuse. What can I say, summer happened, then Orange Is The New Black happened, then even more Netflix happened. But again, I could've easily squeezed some bloggin' time in. The truth is that I'm distracted by anything and everything, rather like this dog.

Onto some nailtalk, since we've got a LOT of catching up to do. I've barely painted my nails, but I made some pictures the one time that I did. This dark vampy lady that is flaunting my phallanges is the one and only Kiko 244. It's a pretty one, but to be completely honest, I don't gravitate towards it a lot. It's extremely dark, to the paint where it just seems black 99% of the time, except when seen in sunlight. Then I'm thinking: if I wanted to wear black, I might as well just wear black. Same goes for purple: when I want something purple, I'll just take some damn purple polish. This is just too much in between for me.

It took about 3 coats to get completely opaque, but this brush has the tendency to wipe away polish when you go over a place more than once. You can see it in full action on my ring finger if you look closely, especially near the base of my nail. It's a bummer, but nothing 3 coats can't fix.

Lasting time was shorter than I remember - about 2 days - , but I blame that on the circumstances since Kiko polishes tend to last very long on me normally.

Kiko 244 nail polish swatch


Kiko 244 nail polish swatch

Kiko 244 nail polish swatch

I wish I could promise to be more consistent now, but the bad news is that I'll be leaving for my vacation next week, which again will last for 2 weeks. I'll try to work ahead, but if that will actually happen... you'll find out soon.


How has June been treating you? Let me hear your stories!