Pagina's

12 okt. 2016

Sashay away - My first empties post!

My first empties post is a go! I've never done one of these. Mostly because I don't ever use products up for the life of me - a travel size shower gel literally took me 6 months to use up. How other people use 2 in a month? I have no sensibleanswer.

Also, I left out products like lotions, makeup removers, toothpaste, cotton pads and jazz like that. Why? Well, my blatant opinion is that personally I find them quite boring to read, especially when it's about products there's not much to say about (like toothpaste and cotton pads). I also leave out mascara because my lashes suck so every mascara kind of looks the same on them, which makes reviewing them pointless. 
Other than that, I just don't use any products aside from bar soap, facial cleanser and absolute necessities like that (which again, take me several decades to use up). I dunno man, I just don't have the time and mostly dediction to use lotion every day. People who do: I salute you.

So I wanted to narrow it down to stuff I actually was able to use up and... makeup! Finishing a makeup product is a milestone in life that should be shared. Also, it shows what products are the bees knees, as it takes so long to use up and thus must be good.

Here are my picks.




Alverde eyeshadow in Warm Vanilla - This shadow is okay. It's a cream eyeshadow that's not necessarily pigmented, but it makes a great shadow to set eyeshadow primer! I use the primer by NARS, but although it's holy grail material in keeping oil at bay, it makes blending impossible. But this little guy has served me well. Oh, and why there's a hole, you ask? Well, I wanted to depot it to pop into my Z-palette, but the pan didn't come out. So I decided I could make a hole in the packaging to pop it from beneath, using a screwdiver (...yep). Needless to say I poked right through the pan! Not my brightest moment.
Would I repurchase? Already have and using my second one. Not because it's amazing, but because I bought 2 accidentally, haha.

Clean Cauldron Quench Moisturizer - I've written a review about this stuff and I'm still in love. Keeps skin super supple and hydrated, especially in winter months.
Would I repurchase? Already have! I'm one my second one and already have a backup as well.

Lush shampoo bar in Trichomania - I used my new one because well, it's completely gone! I've also reviewed this and I still really like it. It doesn't make your hair squeaky clean so I might have to start washing my hair 2x a week now, but I don't really mind that. I mostly like it because of the scent (vanilla coconut) and the fact that it doesn't need packaging, though. But I'm easily impressed by shampoo.
Would I repurchase? Already have, already on my second one, I'm getting repetitive! This 100g took me a good year to finish so I think I'll be good for another year.

My Pretty Zombie Dr. Pickles Miraculous Beauty Dust powder sample in Neutral and Violet - Quite a mouthful (I have to think hard and deep what the name is everytime I write it down), but this powder is really really nice. I used to be all over the Lucy Minerals setting powder, but I found that this is better at keeping me matte and looks way less cakey. It can be a bit drying on the skin if you don't moisturize beforehand, but I do that anyway. I also used a sample in Violet but I don't have that anymore.
Would I repurchase? I'm using the full size in Violet as we speak! I adore it, but I'm going with the neutral version next time, as I think it will suit my skin better.


Lush Aqua Marina facial cleanser - Love this stuff. It cleans my face without making it dry. Again, I'm not really critical with cleansers, but as long as it cleans and doesn't irritate my skin, I'm good! I've repurchased this stuff many many times, so if you want a review, lemme know!
Would I repurchase? Forever. I'm, again, on my next one (not going to say second because I've lost count).

NARS Smudge-proof eyeshadow primer - Holy grail. Period. Absolutely every other primer creases on me, but this one doesn't. It does make blending harder, but setting it down helps tremendously. 
Would I repurchase? Already have and will forever.

HEMA eyebrow gel - Ya nasty! Ignore the mess, it's supposed to be clear. It's a good gel and keep the brows in place, but it makes the hairs a bit chunky. Plus, I don't know the ingredients and I can't ask HEMA because the customer service doesn't work. HEMA, step your game up!
Would I repurchase? Nah. Maybe once I'm out of my NYX control freak gel and don't feel like paying for shipping again, but as long as the customer service is unavailable, probably nope.

Various Catrice gel eyeliners - As it goes with eyeliners, they dry out before you can use all of it. Again, this was okay. I'd say it was average. It was smooth at first, but it does dry out after a while. The pigmentation is there and it stayed on though, so it was a good product overall.
Would I repurchase? Nope! I've found my holy grail gel eyeliner, and it's by Kiko! I want to review that one soon so I'll leave you hanging on what I like about it... mwuahaha!

All dried out!

Yep, those were my empties. I can finally throw them out now!

I might include products next time that I will destash because they don't work for me, not just the products that are empty. It might be easier to just include them instead of making it a new category, especially since I never use anything up. Whaddaya think?

Thanks for reading everyone, I hope you like the extra variety of articles! If you have any feedback, be sure to let me know.

Have you used up an substantial products lately?